Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Cats..

Ok...so my land lady loaned me 4 antique chairs when I 1st moved in. At the time I had no furniture whatsoever so they were very welcome...I then got 2 delightful kittens that decided that the best thing about antique chairs was their jungle gym like character and given claws, you could race up the back of them vertically like spiderman...

Now as kittens they actually caused no damage suprisingly, we use to keep 2 towels over the backs of the chairs to protect them and it worked...but...the cats got older and bigger and before I knew it they had destroyed the back brace of 2 chairs (how the hell does something that small do that ???)...dammit...anyways I took the chairs down to the garage where they safely stored until now...

My land lady called me on sunday, she's upping the rent (fair enough, I dont pay a lot in the 1st place) and she wants some furniture back...including the chairs... :o(

Thats fine, i was expecting this day to happen sooner or later and I explained what happened, having dogs, she understood what pets can do so she wasnt upset, I would have to repair them tho....again, fair enough...where did she get them fixed originally and how much did it cost ??? and antique store and R2000 a chair !!! yup R2000...gulp...if I knew that they wouldve never stayed in the flat from the start...

Anyways....luckily the upholstery is still fine but the backs need to be fixed...being antique they need to go to an antique repair store (which already says its going to cost me a packet) :o( hopefully it wont cost me too much...

From now on the cats have to work for their dinner...im just trying to figure what they would be good at...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm recovering my couches. Mostly because they're 5 years old and they need it. But also because a certain doberman decided to chew them when young. And because certain kitties I own like to claw them when I'm not looking.
So I'm also looking for a way for the little fuckers to make money, to pay for what they so unwittingly damaged. When I think of something, I'll let you know. And I trust you'll let me know if you think of something too.

10:02 AM  
Blogger fly said...

hehehe...well as I mentioned, they both have snuffles right now so they are redeemed and I have 2 sneezing kitties...

The chairs only cost me R300 each (instead of the gazillions I was expecting) which is great...saves me some cash...now just to mission out for cat medicine :o)

Oh and anybody know where I can get a dresser....landlady is taking that to and I have heaps of books to store somewhere now... :o?

2:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have two bookcases you can borrow.

5:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home