Thursday, November 09, 2006

Blogger, I have sinned...

its been almost 2 weeks since my last post...

Ok so I know its been awhile, but there has been a perfectly good explanation for this...I've been happy and going about my way :o)...in a sense its almost been rather bland on the emotional front but that's a good thing im thinking...

So what's happened in the last 2 weeks....our gig, which personally I thought didn't go down to well...the sound on stage was horrendous and our vocalist was drunk...most said they didn't notice but I did and that doesn't sit too well with me....in essence its our 2nd gig and I really shouldn't be this hard on myself or the band but it just comes naturally to a perfectionist...I want it right every time and I wont be happy if its not...that's just the way I am...

Moving along, aforementioned girl has moved out...this has probably been the best thing to happen to me since she arrived in the country....trouble is a nice word for her, I could use a lot worse but I have decided not to hold grudges so that we can both move forward with our lives....it was great seeing her leave....bye now and not even a hug... :op strange that you can feel so little for someone after you have shared so much but this is the 1st girl ive ever felt like this about...personally I don't see it as a bad thing...

I slammed my finger in the door....for those that don't know, I managed to sever my tendon on my middle finger of my left hand after a rather rough nite at the Red Room....I'm still trying to figure out how but the closest I can get to is that it got caught in my belt somehow....truthfully I cant remember, after 2 weeks I noticed the finger still wasn't kosher so I went to the doc..."you gonna need a pin in there my dear boy"...dammed...I hate hospitals, I hate needles, I hate those starched beds....and then I slam the sucker in the door 4 weeks later.....it was so hard I thought I had actually bent the pin....so back to the doc, the verdict, only bruised...

I have been seeing a lot of Charlie lately...I don't know what is happening there...last sat we ended up at the Cellardoor and she was holding me so tightly it was incredible....now Charlie is not the kind of girl to even hug someone so im not exactly sure what it all means...she came back to my house and slept on the couch (I did offer her my bed bot to no avail)...so a bit confused there to be honest but I wont tread to much down that road....we have had this scenario before and it just ended in heartache for me so im not wanting to do it again...

Its weird how when you are not really interested in girls they come crawling out the woodwork....a girl, Ms T phoned me on Sunday....a sweet sweet thing that I met the nite I decided to sever my tendon....she just phoned out of the blue looking for a flat and maybe a nite out ??? huh ??? although we had a slight conversation on the nite it was nothing tremendously exciting...im not saying I don't mind but that was a bit of a surprise :oO

Otherwise life has just been ticking...got some time off next week mainly cos work owes me too much time so its a long weekend for me so im looking forward to that and that's about it for now... :o)

Glad to see some of my blogger friends are all together again, Champs is back online and Jam is happy again...that makes me happy :o)

Laters alligators

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks dear *fly. And thanks for the evening out - the sound was rather difficult on stage, but good enough to impress still! Had to leave early due to an unforgivably early meeting the next day. And I didn't notice that your lead singer was drunk. Promise!
Please keep gigging, don't let it deter you.
And it's nice to blogging have you back.

7:13 AM  
Blogger fly said...

I wont stop gigging....these setbacks are expected :o)

Lionel (our bassist) is unfortunately gigging at market theatre pretty much till the end of the year so we wont be doing anything before then...it sux I know but what can you do....

3:52 AM  
Blogger Champagne Heathen said...

I didn't notice she was drunk. Well, THAT drunk. The constant splits thing was perturbing me. Ow!

Great to know you are on to a new cycle. I hope that the next flatmate is wonderful. And that the next girl is gorgeously great! And that they are not one & the same!

And see ya soon!

And good to see a postin!

6:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Fly
With regards to your sound at that show.. have you considered doing a "live" mix of your backing tracks? Having played in an electronica outfit, it is a problem we had... our great studio sounds just didn't work on a PA system... once we mixed using a pa system, it worked a lot better...
And yes, keep gigging!

1:40 AM  
Blogger fly said...

@Chapms....was going to give you a shout this weekend but I got drowned in a Pimm's dip and the next thing I knew I was at Red Room...again.. :o)

@Daytripper....I never thought about that and tbh it never ever really occurred to me that it may sound different... :o? i'll give it a bash and see what happens...thx for the advice :o)

1:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You wouldn't think it makes a diff, but trust me it does... if you did your production with really nice, in studio monitors as your control, I garuantee that big PA speaklers will give you dif results as they are not as sensitive!

3:10 AM  
Blogger fly said...

Ah ok...well ill definately check it out,.... :o) and my mate has just bought some Wharfedale actives that I can test it out on :o)

3:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Over two hundred years old?
hydrocodone lortab

7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home