Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Back up and running...

Right then...

Over the last couple of weeks, my blog has been incredibly quiet and its for no other reason than, in the retail world of advertising, October is your busiest month...basically you are preparing the gazillion ads for the xmas campaigns...its a mind numbing and painful experience fraught with client changes, badly written copy and gaudy graphics all meant to entice some poor hapless soul that is watching, to purchase a TV that's price has probably not been discounted anyway but you still get that R2000 saving and dodgy free watch... :o)

Oh how we sell our souls to pay the bills....at least I enjoy the engineering part so its not all bad, its just after the 20th client change you start getting a little jittery seeing the same ad you edited a month ago over and over and over again....not too mention what was once a fairly reasonable ad gets cut up so many times, you don't even remember what you were editing in the first place....ce la vie...

Also lets not forget the 3 solid weeks of rehearsals for the gig that did not materialise on Friday night...basically the owner, as far as I can understand, hadn't paid some outstanding bills and the authorities just shut the venue down...again...ce la vie...there will be more...at least we got some practice in before our bassists goes on his month and a half session with market theatre....all the upcoming gigs will basically solely rely on the rehearsals we have just put in...no pressure at all :o/

And finally aforementioned girl is moving out...yay!!! ...she started packing her bags last night....this was all after a rather stressful Friday afternoon....basically I found out she had been shagging her new boy in the flat after we had discussed this all and decided it was best to keep partners away until she had left...I was furious and tbh im still pretty upset....

Its not the shagging that bothers me...its the fact that she had gone directly against my wishes...I sound like a bastard I know but this is not something I would do to anybody else so I don't expect it to be done to me...well she did and now she can get the fuck out of my life because I really don't need people like that around me...

I try and surround myself with beautiful personalities and I do this for a reason...its good for the heart and soul....I don't need trailer trash bringing me down...I try and avoid those types like the plague....how she got through my defences only god know....I'll be more wary in the future...

The rest of Friday turned out brilliantly, much to my surprise... Champs and Jam were excellent companions and its just great for a guy to be surrounded by 2 beautiful girls when he is down...girls I salute you and thx for the tequila... :o)

The rest of the weekend was not bad...after Friday I decided to avoid aforementioned girl like the plague and I ended up spending the weekend with Charlie watching DVDs, morphing in front of DSTV and listening Charlie and her sister sing and play guitar together...I don't like Mondays harmoniously out of key...how does that happen ??? ...these are the moments to remember... :o)

Now that rehearsals have stopped for a time I can finally get to do what I am supposed to be doing....working on some new tracks and remixes for Voodoo...strangely im full of ideas so I guess the break from music writing has been good...

4 Comments:

Blogger Champagne Heathen said...

Excellent to know that we helped ensure your Friday still turned out well. I don't even know where half those tequilas came from!

And great to know that you should be back posting again for awhile.

So you have more gigs lined up soon then??

5:10 AM  
Blogger fly said...

We go to see some the boys from FUEL tonight so hopefully we will know pretty soon... :o)

5:45 AM  
Blogger Revolving Credit said...

To new beginnings, gigs that come to fruition and lots more free tequilas. Be glad that she is leaving as it means you can actually move on without your past taunting you on a daily basis.

2:21 PM  
Blogger fly said...

yeah tell me about it....its an absolute nightmare at the moment...but she was packing away the wine glasses last night so the time is near...dunno if im going to throw a party or not :o)

I think I should....and its should be a cocktail party with horribly cheap alcahol :oD you know the kind...

1:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home