Monday, October 02, 2006

An interesting weekend

Well it all started rather dramatically...(refer to previous post)

I was supposed to go to Mr Scruff...but there were way too many things playing against the whole evening so instead ended being consoled by a friend at the Colony...male friends are great....there's no absolutely no remorse...you knew what you were getting into...she is 23...get over it...here have a drink, you'll feel better in the morning...

Woke up, bought some music gear for insanely cheap prices...a bit happier now...by the time I got back home at 10 I decided I deserved a tot or 2 of tequila...right...now to put this all together...there's always something very satisfying about putting stuff together that keeps your mind focused and amused....killed 2 hours....about time for another tequila or 3....slightly fuzzy on an empty stomach...that's muuuuuuuuch better...

I then headed to a farewell braai, took the bottle of tequila (we had become good mates you see) and some vodka with and decided to settle down to some therapeutic conversations with some mates...boy did I have it wrong...

You see In my mission to get over the aforementioned girl I managed to pick up two girls in the last 2 weeks (surprisingly there's nothing quite like a break up to set you free ?!)...girl1 just happens to be my best mates sister, nice girl and it has been heading this way for awhile...we hooked up while we were away, both slightly plastered at the time and yeah it just seemed like a great idea...girl2 I hooked up with at Red Room...way too many TVRs (Tequila, Vodka and yup...red bull) and a mate from CPT edging me on....it was fine....nothing to glamorous just a kiss with a hint for more...

It just so happened that the two same girls had to pitch up at this party...damn, probably gonna need more of that tequila now......

Up till now, the afternoon had been pleasant...my mind was off aforementioned girl and I was quite happy...This is when the afternoon/evening started to turn...girl1 decided to pronounce her undying love for me, this was not supposed to happen...bar being my best mates sister, ive known her for way too long and possibly should have never done anything in the 1st place...only after did I realise that I'm possibly not looking for a relationship...hmmmm...she burst into tears once I tried very calmly to explain the situation...this cant work....im not in the right headspace for what you want...im sorry...uhoh...girl1s friends are very bitter now...I see evil claws coming out...run...

Girl 2 by this time had had way too many jager bombs and was getting slightly touchy....girl 2 I can handle...we have the same mindset....no relationship is wanted or needed and tbh just the perfect medicine...Columbian marching ants arrived so we left and...ended up at her place...how convenient...the nite was frantic, proof to me that older women definitely do have better sex than younger ones and at least diminished my thoughts of aforementioned girl a bit...ive always held sex in high regard and possibly associated with aforementioned girl too much...not that the sex was bad...it wasnt...it was great...but I think I mightve just thought that she was the only one that could do that...now at least I can breath in a sigh of relief...there are other fish in the sea....

Sunday...whoa no hangover...but a very very busy head...oh dear what have I done !!! ...not to say that I regretted going home with girl2...I didn't...and so long as that mindset stays everything "should" be fine....I do remain sceptical though as any of my previous experiences with this kind of thing has resulted in trauma with generally me coming out as the bad one...

This weekend has taught me a few things...

A.) finding other partners may not help get over an ex
B.) im a prude and this must change
C.) girls can be fun/ish
D.) why give a flying fuck about how others feel...do they really give a shit...
E.) whenever you have more than one girl they will always end up at the same party as you
F.) stay very far away from female friends, work colleagues and best mates sisters when dealing with a break up
G.) that things get complicated very quickly
H.) I have to definitely keep this up...the only way to get over this girl is to get out...meet peeps and be active
I.) The Colony is not what I expected
J.) never....ever...date your flatmate...ever...you have no idea how much it sux to go home at night if it doesn't work out...
K.) Tequila is still a good friend of mine.