Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Yay for gays !!!

We are now proudly one of the only 5 countries in the world that allows same sex marriages and more importantly the same rights that heterosexual's get....the bill still needs to be approved by parliament's second house, the National Council of Provinces, and signed into law by President Thabo Mbeki, within the next two weeks to meet the deadline set by the Constitutional Court. (according to IOL daily) But I think all should go swimmingly...this put a big smile on my face...though I very much doubt any of my gay friends will actually ever marry... :oP

On another note....Zuma ??? is he in or is he out ???...can someone please clear this up for me... ??? if Zuma has gone it will be a day for celebration :o)

And then we have Yengeni ?! wtf....so commit fraud, get sent to prison where you get "breaks" so that you can spend time with your family ??? I mean come on....this has probably got to be the biggest load of crap ive ever heard in my entire life...and then the sucker still had the nerve to get in late... ??? man, when I grow up I want to be an ANC official.. :O)

You know in some ways, the ANC has been monumental in South Africa...liberation to people that never had it but in other ways they are just slowly destroying a beautiful country....what stuns me is how stuff is being allowed to happen when everybody can clearly see that there is something wrong with the system...personally I think that it all goes deeper than what we see or hear and that is why things just get swept under the mat...too many officials are involved in corruption and too many will go down if one does....but when is it going to end if ever ??? and how do we as a nation fight it ???

And then there is the whole sad mess in the DRC...this can only really work if one party accepts the other, otherwise what is the point of having elections in the 1st place ??? ....elections being made possible in the DRC was a monumental thing and I actually smiled when I heard this....but there's no point if nobody is going to take losing like a man...very sad and more innocent people will die because of it...

2 Comments:

Blogger Champagne Heathen said...

After recent events...those you mention here, I have decided to no longer read or speak about politics. I decided this on Saturday when I saw a headline, "Yengeni Free" - or something, my vision was still blurred.

I have decided to go back to the south of France & drink crap wine & puff on cigarettes like any true frenchie & pretend SA's future & its disasterous new elite is all part of a bad joke. Mais Oui!

6:04 AM  
Blogger fly said...

hehehehe...

You know I tend to agree with you tho i do find politics more interesting than disturbing... :o)

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home