Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Traffic...



In the last week or 2 I have seriously had to learn how to curb my temper as far as road rage is concerned....some days its taking me as much as an hour and 45 minutes to get to work....an hour and 45 minutes !!! and I live 25km's from where I work ?! thats just ridiculous !?

But I now let people cut me off, stop in front of me, ride in the middle of the road etc...theres just no point to trying to fight it...all that happens is you get to work or home in a filthy mood and for what ??? for traffic.... ??? its just a waste of energy...

So when I drive to work now I try to look at the prettier things in life, pay attention to the trees you've never looked at (while still observing the road obviously), listen to good tunes (essential for this process) etc...notice the details and just let the idiots get on with what they want to do and move forward...they are like flies, they only bother you for a little while or if you let them :o)

Oh and I still carry mace in my car just in case... :oP

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everyone who is in JHB at the moment seems to be infuriated by the traffic. Question is - is it always this bad or are we all just more annoyed because it's the end of the year and our tolerance is low?

12:13 AM  
Blogger Champagne Heathen said...

It's cause we all think we are smarter than the idiots in the cars around us, who are thinking the exact same about them being smarter than us!! Just normal Jozi arrogance & intolerance.

1:08 AM  
Blogger Revolving Credit said...

'So when I drive to work now I try to look at the prettier things in life, pay attention to the trees'

Well you're obviously not driving between Sandton and Rosebank where the Gautrain wreckers have chopped down all the trees.

How to make a frustrating journey sad as well.

5:04 AM  
Blogger fly said...

Suprisingle rev i actually have a quite a pretty route to work...it takes me a bit longer but its so worth it....nice green trees, little dirty streams etc...much rather that than the manky highway.. :o)

And champs and jam....ive always had to travel long distances to get to work (living in benoni never helped anyone)and the traffic is definately getting worse...without a doubt...

That or my fuse is just a whole bunch shorter...either way I try a few breathing excercises now just before my head explodes and it seems to be doing me good :o)

11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home