Monday, February 19, 2007

TEAC 15 Tascam Series Desk

Some pics on the new (actually very old) desk im purchasing :)

She is a TEAC 15 Tascam Series Desk...24 channel to 8 buss Analogue desk....it was initially designed to work with 1/2 inch tape tape and interesting, because most soundcards are 8in/8out these days, it will work now...(not that i've got it to yet...hehehe

Tbh I have spent very little time with it, it weighs around 200kgs, just the power supply must weigh about 10 :shock: ...and with me living on the 3rd floor, this has kinda kept it at my folks place for awhile...

Anyways...not to brag, but she is a beautiful desk and incredibly robust and well built...I just thought I would provide some eye candy :)


The channel in/outs which are more of a mystery to me than most women... :D



And this is the Buss in/outs....just if you thought having 5 in.outs on the input channels wasnt bad enough :P





Just makes you wanna start mixing now doesnt it....those pots and faders are still silky smooth after 28 years.....



Thats me... 8o) idiot I know...



And the last shot is the Aux B VU meter shot...the only 2 channels we have so far got to work !!! hehehe.....it all works btw, its just a user interface problem right now....i'm sure it'll come to me in a flash of light one day :P

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

can I say What The Fuck! That looks like something I would end up breaking than getting the lights to come on.

very very impressive. Bow down to the technological expert.

3:38 AM  
Blogger fly said...

lol...you can only empower me with that name once I get it to work... :o) but she is beautiful.....yip indeed....

5:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi there !
nice desk !! -
but the rca connections suck because you have to use adapters or use a lot of patchbays for using all ins and outs.
I`ve some questions also:
1) how many aux busses are there ?
2) could you please post some fotos
of one complete channel because of the eq and son on - that would be really cool :)
3) do you like the sound ?
4) does the console have that little connection for the tape recorders of that time ?
I own a teac tascam 9016 1inch reel to reel recorder and I have the connection cable for that FUN :)))
thanx a lot and greetz
Josh

7:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, long time passed,
but how much did u pay for
this beauty?
Thanks :D

3:54 PM  
Blogger Liquefy Soundz said...

we have one for sale, a few probs with the external power supply, but the desk itself is imaculate, as its only done 2 years and spent the rest in storage.

if your interested, please contact liquefy soundz at www.liquefysoundz.co.uk
or
liquefysoundz@hotmail.co.uk

11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I now own that console that liquefy soundz where selling. It wasn't quite so immaculate, she has a few small battle ska's along with the power cable missing and conenctors removed. Which made things a little bit more confusing. I have only just fixed the power supply and just powerd up the console...

I am loggin my progress on restoring and upgrading this Teac 15 console as well as providing as much information about it as I possibly can. If your interested check it out: www.teac15blaggersguide.co.cc

9:17 AM  
Anonymous andreas said...

she is a beauty and worth every penny. we are recording with her: myspace.com/thealmachurchchoir

5:46 PM  
Blogger cam said...

Haha i have the same exact one, need a power cord though lol

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home