Thursday, July 13, 2006

Chaos reign's supreme...

Im at my wits end....nearly everything that should've gone right with organising the band has gone wrong...

We'll start at the beginning shall we.....Ok, Marc of the Cellardoor got hold of me asking whether or not we would be interested to play....sure I said....it shouldn't be a problem....its a bit tight rehearsal wise but im sure that within a month and a bit we can manage something...the band agreed and we started right away...

Now me being the manager and producer of the band I have to try and keep things focused....after all we have just over a month to get tight....we do not and I REPEAT do not have time to write new tracks... ?! after the gig we can go nuts.....primo importance though is the gig...obviously...

One of my main members bailed out....or more just disappeared...I haven't heard from him in 3 weeks and when he left so did most of the gear, including a laptop and PA...grrrrrrrr...so now we have the pressure of rehearsals on our back with no gear to play it all out on....enter a mammoth search to find the best bang for buck laptop out there and a few rather distraught and aggressive calls to my bank to arrange the finance for both the laptop and the PA....added to that was the fact that our bassist was violently allergic to my cats....so no rehearsals at the home studio... :o( which "would've" been ideal since we all live in the vicinity.....work was manically busy so we couldn't rehearse there either....

Anyways....we now have a bright shiny new laptop and a PA system...yay!! for us and now we stand in the same place we were standing 3 weeks ago...WE NEED TO REHEARSE... !!! :o)

So we have now got a spanking new guitarist to join us on our foray and we will see where it all leads....the next month is going to be an absolute nightmare...im going to love every second of it.... :o)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch! Sounds rough...
what about a pic of the new laptop then?

12:16 AM  
Blogger fly said...

my precious... ???

nobody shares my precious... :o)

ill post something up on monday ;o)

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home