Sunday, June 11, 2006

The Moles...

Theirs was the laughter and theirs was the tears of making love as days passed into nights and leaves changed to stars...


Sex has always been a very personal thing for me, I enjoy it a lot and I have slept with a fair amount of partners but, I generally wont give myself away that easily....I don't enjoy one night stands and if im in a starting relationship and the sex doesn't work out, I would normally back out based purely on that factor...

Its emotive and in my mind it only really works well if there is a certain amount of faith given out to your partner...that faith is then returned and you have a symbiotic cycle that reciprocates on itself...

Having said that, you can instantly tell when you have slept with someone that works...and continues to work....and this is what this excerpt conjures up for me....that perfect balance where there are no uncomfortable moments or fears and you just get swept away with the tide only to resurface an hour later dazed and confused wondering what the hell happened...both are breathless, both are stunned and both cant get enough of holding on tight to one another...

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....I actually get squiggly thinking about it.... :o)



The except was taken from the "Duncton Chronicles" written by William Horwood...

The story or more stories, are based around communal moles...imagine "The lord of the Rings" and "The Secret of Nimh" bunched up into 3 books and acted out by moles and you have a fair idea of what the books are like....

I love them, they are by no means children's stories though, the moles are incredibly complex and the stories revolve around territorial disputes between vicious clans and a different fundamental religions...I can recommend the books to anybody that enjoyed "The Lord of the Rings", "The Secret of Nimh" or that book about the rabbits... ;o)




2 Comments:

Blogger Dolce said...

Duncton Wood was incredible...

9:05 AM  
Blogger fly said...

Yeah I still havent got to the third book yet, you really need to prepare yourself for those books and I dont think I was just quite willing to dive into it just yet....its sitting there patiently tho...I will get to it soon ...when my life calms down... :o)

11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home