Thursday, June 08, 2006

Colours

She had vanished with all the colours. Since then he had been imprisioned in a world of black and white.

This excerpt was taken from a book written in icelandic and then translated into english...the book is glorius and the writer has such a refreshing view on life, but alas, I cannot remember the name of the author or the book name (i'll have to post it later I guess)...

Anyways back to the line....

I love it, it says everything it needs to say about breaking up with someone you care for, the sort of come down you get from cocaine where the world is filled with pretty sparkles and light and everything is breezy....and then suddenly being dropped solidly onto a hard, cold, granite floor...

5 Comments:

Blogger Champagne Heathen said...

Good line! Explains it all, for so many situations. Wow, suddenly makes me feel like I have been trapped in black & white for nearly two years now.

Please do post the author & title.

But I am assuming you are still in colour...have you moved on or moved back together with her actually?? Now I'm confused.

6:05 AM  
Blogger fly said...

Smilla's Sense of Snow by Peter Hoeg ...

and joy is me !!! its a movie as well :o)

8:08 AM  
Blogger fly said...

>>>have you moved on or moved back together with her actually?? Now I'm confused.<<<

um yeah its kinda complicated...she is actually moving in with me soon, but as a flatmate :o? it does compound the issue somewhat but I really dont know what to do...It feels right, I enjoy spending time with her...but its all very non -committal at this stage....

As I said before, this suits me down to the ground but there will be a time when it wont...

Look I could back out of it all now and saves myself potential grief...but whats the point ???, you only live life once and im thru not taking chances because I fear the outcome...ive broken to many hearts including my own by doing this...nobody can predict the future and personally, I really dont want to...I want to take each day as its own, one by one and see how everything pans out...its all left to fate...

11:44 PM  
Blogger Champagne Heathen said...

That book title is very familiar. I will def check it out.

And I say "Cheers & Good Luck" to that!! Even if life is not about fate, you do have to live it well & live it up. Why is it that so many people hide from pain, when it actually is an incredible sensation that deepens your understanding & hold on reality. It is one of those cheesy but true ideas - if it feels right, then you have to go with that, not with what logic & society dictates.

Your blog is gonna be fascinating over the next months...

1:26 AM  
Blogger fly said...

Oh you dont even no the half of it ;o)

I'll sneak in tidbits as we go along...

1:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home